S O S F E S T 2 0 1 9
BRINGING THE BEST OF SHEFFIELD WRITERS' ORIGINAL MINI PLAYS TO THE STAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME, ACTED BY SHEFFIELD'S FINEST PERFORMERS.
Hi there! I'd like to personally welcome you to the plans for SOSFEST 2019! I'm raising money for a budget of £250 to showcase talented Sheffield born writers' stage work for the first time, which will be performed by actors also from Steel City! It's for my final project at SHU (Performance for Stage and Screen) and it will be a great platform for artists to showcase the best of themselves and their craft, and allow me to create a great event for any theatre-goer to enjoy!
i'm Melanie H
I'm a student at SHU and this event is the penultimate grade for one of my final year modules and.. well.. my degree! I've always loved acting and studying it for a degree has deepened my passion for the stage, and recently, I've found a passion of mine is writing, so I said: "Why not marry the two?".
I've been writing lots of short 'mini' plays which I'd like to showcase as part of this event, and talking to a lot of my writer/performer friends, we can't seem to get a chance to perform our pieces in front of an audience on a proper stage. "I need to change this!", I thought. This is where SOSFEST comes in...
"Sheffield Original Showcase" Festival or.. SOS FEST - This is a chance for writers in Sheffield to see their creation come to life. It's a great workshop style experience and it allows the audiences of Sheffield theatre to see something fresh, brand new and exciting!
It's a breath of hope and opportunity for talented writers and actors alike to hone their skills and show Sheffield what they're all about! There will be at least 4 mini plays on the night (20 mins in length each) and a few monologues. And you never know where chances like this can lead! We could be producing the next Alan Bennett!
Your impact with donating
Your donations will go towards making this idea into a reality. The sad reality of working in the arts industry is that we do a lot of our best work for free. I want to change this.
I would like to give my talented actors a taste of fulfilment and achievement. Raising the bar on professionalism and showing a higher level of amateur theatre.
Where will the money go?
- £50 - Marketing the event, including posters and programmes (to be sold at £2 each on the night)
- £50 - Beverages for all attendees (red wine, white wine, lemonade)
- £150 - Wages for all 5 performers
- Total = £250
If I exceed my target of £250, I will add the extra money to an emergency pot to buy props and costumes, and use it to offset any additional costs for marketing the event.
- If you donate £10, you will receive a FREE ticket to the event, a Glass of Wine or Lemonade and a programme.
- If you donate £20, you will receive a FREE ticket to the event, a FREE signed poster of the event by the actors on the night, a programme, a Q&A 'Meet and Greet' with the actors after the show, a PHOTO and a Glass of Wine or Lemonade!
- If you donate £40, you will receive a FREE ticket to the event (reserved seating) AND a FREE signed poster of the event by the actors on the night, a programme, a Glass of Wine or Lemonade AND a Q&A 'Meet and Greet' with the actors, a PHOTO after the show with a signed script of your favourite play or monologue by whoever performed it!
- If you donate £60, you will receive a FREE ticket to the event with a reserved seat on the FRONT row (or wherever you choose!), a programme, a FREE signed poster of the event, a FREE signed script of your favourite play or monologue by whoever performed in it, a TOUR around the facility after the show, a Q&A 'Meet and Greet' with the actors, with a PHOTO with us all after the show AND an ACTUAL PROP used on the night! (Subject to ownership of said prop) As well as a Glass of Wine or Lemonade!
*Please note that all attendees to SOSFEST with be offered a free glass of wine or lemonade at the event.*
Find us he
Queries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Facebook (Twitter and Instagram coming soon - look out!)
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.